Can you believe we are halfway through the year already?!
With that it’s time to take a look back over the past few months and highlight some of your favorite blog posts. Perhaps there’s something awesome that you missed…
- First up, many of you found us through your interest in female superheroes. Back in August of 2014, Jeff did a piece on positive examples of female superheroes called Power Girls: A Growing Roster of Positive Female Superheroes in Comics. After a panel of TV actresses named only male superheroes they admired and reflecting on the small representation of females in superhero films, it felt necessary to highlight the roles females have played in superhero comics and highlight the stand-out examples of empowerment.
- Next, we have the first of two popular posts about Miss Thurston County. You couldn’t resist taking a peek behind the scenes from March as the contestants for Miss Thurston County learned about makeup during their workshop at Merle Norman Cosmetics, Wigs & Day Spa! Take a look at the fun Annika, Cynthia, Kuinn, Leavi, and Raquel had.
- Your favorite Miss Thurston County post was a simple slideshow farewell to 2015’s Miss Thurston County from March as she prepared for the impending pageant. We love Emily Hamack and so did you. This is our 3rd most popular post of the year so far.
- Your 2nd-favorite post was for a behind the scenes look at one of our Trash the Dress sessions in April. We had a lot of fun with Dawn Johnson of Olympia Makeup Artistry and our model Leavi. You had a lot of fun, too, making this the 2nd most-popular post of the year so far!
- Finally, the #1 most popular post of the year so far… April’s Burgers and a Wedding Dress! There was so much fun to be had with Dawn Johnson of Olympia Makeup Artistry, our model Leavi, and a Big Tom‘s burger and Coke. It just goes to show how much fun you can have with your wedding dress after the Big Day! And that just might be why you couldn’t resist checking this shoot out. It’s one of those things that you absolutely have to share with your friends! That’s the kind of shoot we like to create for you.